Jindalee Operational Radar Network
Australia’s Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) provides long-range Over-The-Horizon Radar (OTHR) surveillance for the detection of aircraft and ships in Australia’s northern maritime approaches.
Regular upgrades have ensured that JORN sets the standard for OTHR technology and remains an important element of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) command and control and intelligence networks.
The Next Generation of Surveillance - Experience, Delivery & Performance
The development of JORN’s next iteration (AIR 2025 Phase 6) is arguably JORN’s most important technological advancement since fielding its first experimental radar near Alice Springs in 1989. Not necessarily because of the substantial performance enhancements, but because this upgrade will deliver a system infrastructure that will be crucial to ensuring JORN can continue to provide the ADF with the capability it needs for decades to come.
Lockheed Martin Australia has the expertise, experience and track record to deliver this important element of Australia’s national security enterprise.
- System Level Design and Integration – significant capability in the design and integration of large-scale complex systems to achieve the best operational performance.
- Program Management – delivery through low risk, disciplined, and expert management.
- Innovation – collaboration with the ADF to increase capability and persistent improvement in advanced signal processing, software development and high frequency radar technology.
- Value – delivering value through application of technology and sustainment.
- Partnership – Dedicated to engaging and promoting Australia’s industry in our solutions.
JORN AIR 2025 Phase 6 – Australian Industry Expressions of Interest
Project Air 2025 Phase 6 is the next phase of JORN and will involve major enhancements to the entire system. This presents an opportunity for Australian industry to participate with Lockheed Martin in an exciting development and modification program.
In addition to Lockheed Martin’s Global Supply Chain initiative, we are inviting Australian companies to register expressions of interest for JORN Phase 6. Please use the form below to register your interest, capabilities and contact details.
JORN in the News
Three decades of defence surveillance and security innovation
SA Defence Business