Logistics & Sustainment
Keeping an entire country’s Defence Force equipped with the tools and supplies they need is no small feat. Lockheed Martin is the New Zealand Defence Force’s industry partner to provide warehousing and repair services to enable more than 7,500 service members to perform their missions safely and effectively.
The NZDF required a logistics management solution that:
- Included maintenance, repair and overhaul of equipment
- Offered supply chain services, from soldier store acquisition to warehouse sustainment
- Supported regular, reserve and civilian forces along with deployed personnel on peacekeeping operations, United Nations missions and defence exercises worldwide
Through the Project Alexander program, Lockheed Martin provides transformational logistics and engineering services for the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF), Police, Fire Service and other customers. A workforce of over 200 people deliver a broad range of services including Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO), Managed Fleet Utilisation, sustainment, training, and design and development of custom engineering solutions across five sites in New Zealand.
The LM-STAR® increases mission capability rates across land, sea and air platforms. By integrating complex test instruments, the LM-STAR provides a standard automated test environment for troubleshooting and repairing weapons systems.
The LM-STAR provides one test architecture for every mission:
- Tailorable to all current and emerging platforms
- Powers basic to complex testers for both fixed and mobile environments with an affordable open software and hardware architecture
- Configurable to multi-mission needs including radio frequency, electro optical, electronic warfare, digital and navigation/communication support
- Reduces the logistics tail as the single test solution
- Unifies the Information Assurance process to decrease cost and increase reliability
- Offers a Performance-Based Logistics service component for guaranteed results
The LM-STAR automated test architecture and its ruggedised maritime-based counterpart the electronic Consolidated Automated Support System (eCASS) support a number of Australian Defence Forces platforms including F-18, F-35, H-60, MRH-90 and P-8. With a proven track record and billions returned to our customers in cost avoidance, the LM-STAR preserves investments in test program sets while launching new platforms into the future.
The Autonomic Logistics Information System, or ALIS, is the fleet management backbone for the F-35 Lightning II. Pilots plan and debrief missions, and sustainment professionals maintain the F-35 using ALIS.
ALIS is a system-of-systems approach to fleet management that connects F-35 maintenance, supply chain and sustainment information into a single management tool to support all flight operations:
- Mission planning and debrief
- Fault diagnostics and maintenance work order processing
- Supply chain management
- Aircraft configuration management
- Pilot and maintainer training management
- Sovereign data security
ALIS turns a vast amount of data into actionable information that enables pilots, maintainers and military leaders to make proactive decisions and keep jets flying. Bringing 5th Generation logistics to the Royal Australian Air Force, ALIS provides affordable, proactive sustainment over the next 50 years of F-35 operations.